These days with newer versions being released people change their cell phones frequently. There are a number of popular models available in the market and everyone wants the latest and greatest cell phone. As a result there is a great increase in the number of used cell phones for sale. These cell phones are available at online website like Best Used Cell Phones or at a local used cell phone store. Used cell phones for sale in Austin is easily found on Craigslist or if you are looking for a more secure place, no hassle alternative call 512-432-5528. The key to upgrading your cell phone without paying huge amounts of money is to buy a used cell phone.
Benefits of Used Cell Phones for sale
There are many reasons you should consider buying a used cell phone. Some of these reasons are:
· Avoid Paying Full Price: The greatest benefit of buying a used phone is reduced cost. Many used cell phones for sale are more than half the price of brand new cell phones. This ensures that you are saving money even while buying a good quality phone.
· Save on Insurance Cost: The advantage of buying a used phone is that you are not bound by the limitations of a insurance plan. Purchasing insurance on your new cell phone is pitched as a good investment however if you add up the monthly cost and the deductible when you file a claim you are likely in for more than the cost of the phone used.
· Avoid Payment Plans: Recent developments by the major carriers like Verizon indicate a shift toward cell phone financing. This means that while you are not signing a 2 year contract you are entering into an agreement to make payments on your device for a specific time. Most payment plans have a 2 year term effectively locking you in for 2 years. While you are not in a contract to stay with your provider, if you plan to switch to another carrier the balance of the cell phone finance becomes due. A used cell phone for sale will eliminate the 2 year contract for the service and the payment plan for the device.
· No Long-Term Contract: Getting a used cell phone for sale ensures that you are not bound to any service provider by a long-term contract. Since there is no fear of losing money while terminating or modifying the contract prior to its closure, the ease of changing networks greatly increases. This is important if you are dissatisfied with your current plan or service and wish to change it. The used phone can be sold back to a used cell phone store for a cell phone compatible with the provider you want to go to. For some phones they can be unlocked and used on a different carrier.
· Environment Friendly: For those who are conscious about the environmental effects of technology, the practice of buying used cell phones for sale could be a great way to prevent environmental damage. As the demand for the latest and greatest increases there is a growing number of used cell phones for sale ready to be reused than trashed. This will, in turn, reduce the amount of waste put into out landfills by these older,perfectly functional devices. As a result, more people without the financial means to purchase new technology now have access to last years model at a reduced cost. Buying used phones is a smart way to ensure that the environment is protected from damage.
Things to Consider While Considering A Used Phone Cell Phone For Sale
While it is true that there are a great many advantages of purchasing a used phone for sale, one must always be careful while making the transaction. If you plan on buying direct form an individual the following are a few things one must keep in mind while purchasing a used cell phone.
1) Check the Phone from All Angles: While this seems to a basic instruction, it is nonetheless an important one. It is crucial that you check the hardware for damages. A phone with deep gouges and cracks may work but will likely not last very long. Even though the used models are a cheaper option, one must always make sure that they are getting their money’s worth.
2) Making Sure the Screen is Functional: This is especially important in the case of smartphones. Phones that have a touch screen technology need to be checked for functionality of the screen. A good way to do this is to ensure that the screen isn’t in any way cracked. One must also check the edges of the screen to make sure that there is no “bleeding” from the LCD. Furthermore, while buying the phone one can ask the seller to provide a demonstration. A live demo is the best way to verify the phone’s functionality.
3) Checking for Liquid Damages: There is no end to fraudulent sales these days. While a phone may look and functional perfectly at first, it can also have liquid damages that will make it stop working in the long run. To check for liquid damages, pop open the battery and check the sticker on the edge. It should be white and not red or pink. If there is any discoloration that means the phone has been in contact with some form of moisture which increases the risk that it will not last very long. Be sure to check for liquid damage especially in the case of smartphones. Water damaged phones are tough for cell phone repair shops to fix since there is only a 50/50 chance the repair will work.
4) Check All the Buttons: For any phone to be in working condition the buttons have to be functional. Check the phone thoroughly to make sure that the buttons are in perfect condition and respond to being pressed. Make sure to also check the outer buttons such as the camera and volume.
5) Buy A Phone Ready To Activate: Many buyers are unaware that a perfectly functional phone can be an expensive paper weight. Phones reported lost or stolen are placed on a “Blacklist” and forbidden to be activated on the carrier it is intended for. Furthermore if the previous owner has a past due bill or unpaid balance on their service the carrier may also block the phone to be used on any other account other than the past due account it is currently on.
6) Check the Seller’s Credibility: If possible make sure that the phone you are buying is from a legitimate source. The seller should be honest and answer all your questions before the sale is made. If you plan to buy form a reseller then make sure that you are buying a device that comes with a warranty period and can be replaced if it stops working or will not activate. However, one must keep in mind that the warranty period will not be the same as that of a brand new phone.
Used cell phones for sale are a great option for those who wish to save money. The market for used cell phones has been rising steadily. Not only are cell phone important to people these days but it has become an integral part of almost everyone’s life. However, not everyone can afford a cell phone. While there are many options to choose from in today’s market, the prices have also been increasing at a sure pace. Used cell phones for sale in Austin TX are easily found by calling 512-432-5528 or searching online at Best Used Cell Phones. Buying from a business that stands behind your purchase will ensure you are getting a quality product.